Postdoctoral Fellow position available in Organic Chemistry and Catalysis
A Postdoctoral Fellow position is available in Prof. Xin Cui's group in the department of chemistry at Mississippi State University. The candidate is expected to be an enthusiastic and self-motivated recent Ph.D. graduate in organic chemistry. The postdoctoral associate will direct research activities in the fields of synthetic organic chemistry and homogeneous catalysis. Other duties also involve group management and supervision of undergraduate and graduate researchers in the laboratory. Candidates should have a strong interest and background in synthetic organic chemistry, catalysis and organometallic chemistry. Preferred candidates should have strong publication record in the related research fields. Candidates must have a Ph.D. or to be in defense of thesis at the time of application. For additional information, please visit the Cui Group Webpage at http://cui.chemistry.msstate.edu/. Interested candidates should send a CV, research summary, and contact information for three references to Prof. Xin Cui (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Postdoctoral Fellow position available in Inorganic Chemistry
The Creutz Lab in the department of chemistry at Mississippi State University is hiring a postdoctoral fellow; the position is available to start immediately. We are a new lab, established in Summer 2019. Our lab focuses on inorganic synthesis, including organometallic complexes, bioinspired inorganic chemistry, catalysis, and inorganic nanomaterials, including emerging inorganic semiconductors with applications in photovoltaics. More information about the lab, our research, and Dr. Creutz can be found at our website: www.creutzlab.chemistry.msstate.edu.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and CV (including list of publications) to email@example.com.
Job Description: The postdoc will carry out research in synthetic inorganic chemistry, with an initial focus on bioinorganic chemistry, and the opportunity to expand into other areas of inorganic chemistry depending on their interests.
• Plan and execute the synthesis of organic ligands and inorganic/organometallic complexes
• Plan and execute experiments to study the properties of these molecules, including metal binding, spectroscopic properties, and catalytic reactivity
• Record and analyze the results
• Prepare manuscripts and presentations reporting results, and assist with the preparation of grant applications
• Participate in general lab planning and maintenance
• Ph.D. in Inorganic, Organometallic, Bioinorganic, or Organic Chemistry
• Extensive experience with organic and/or inorganic synthesis, including working with air-sensitive compounds
• Experience in synthesis and characterization of complexes of first-row transition metals
• Experience in developing and testing catalytic reactions
• Experience with inorganic characterization techniques including EPR, cyclic voltammetry, and crystallography
• Familiarity with bioinorganic chemistry
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Willingness and ability to assist with training and mentoring graduate and undergraduate students
About the department and Mississippi State University: The chemistry department at MSU has 18 tenure-track research-active faculty, approximately 90 graduate students, and 120 undergraduate chemistry majors. The university is ranked as an NSF Top 100 Research Institution, is categorized as an R1 (very high research activity) institution by the Carnegie Foundation, and is the top research institution in the state of Mississippi. We have a range of state-of-the-art instrumentation in the department, including an NMR facility with 300, 500, and 600 MHz instruments, an X-Band EPR instrument, an X-Ray Diffraction Facility (single-crystal and powder), mass spectrometry facilities including HRMS, and many other spectroscopic instruments. Various other instruments are available on campus including SEM and TEM microscopes and equipment for biomedical research. See www.chemistry.msstate.edu for more details.