Safety & Chemical Manager
The Department of Chemistry at Mississippi State University invites applications for a Safety & Chemical Manager to start as early as April 1, 2021. Candidates with bachelor’s degree in chemistry or a closely related field, five (5) or more years’ experience, and basic safety training are strongly encouraged to apply. The successful candidate will exhibit strong leadership and organizational capabilities along with demonstrated success in a team environment.
Application review will begin March 29, 2021 and will continue until the position is filled.
Applicants must apply online at http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu/cw/en-us/job/502173?lApplicationSubSourceID= and include a cover letter, vita, and three references (with email contacts) should be sent to email@example.com.
MSU is an equal opportunity institution. Discrimination based on race, color, ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as a US veteran, or any other status protected by law is prohibited. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
Postdoctoral Fellow position available in Organic Chemistry and Catalysis
A Postdoctoral Fellow position is available in Prof. Xin Cui's group in the department of chemistry at Mississippi State University. The candidate is expected to be an enthusiastic and self-motivated recent Ph.D. graduate in organic chemistry. The postdoctoral associate will direct research activities in the fields of synthetic organic chemistry and homogeneous catalysis. Other duties also involve group management and supervision of undergraduate and graduate researchers in the laboratory. Candidates should have a strong interest and background in synthetic organic chemistry, catalysis and organometallic chemistry. Preferred candidates should have strong publication record in the related research fields. Candidates must have a Ph.D. or to be in defense of thesis at the time of application. For additional information, please visit the Cui Group Webpage at http://cui.chemistry.msstate.edu/. Interested candidates should send a CV, research summary, and contact information for three references to Prof. Xin Cui (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Postdoctoral Fellow position available in Molecular Optoelectronics and Single Molecule Devices
About the PI:
Dr. Kun Wang is an Assistant Professor in Physics and Chemistry at Mississippi State University and a faculty member of the Center for Emergent Molecular Optoelectronics (CEMOs). Dr. Wang received his Ph.D. in Physics at the University of Georgia in 2016 under the guidance of Prof. Bingqian Xu. Prior to joining MSU, Dr. Wang worked with Prof. Pramod Reddy and Prof. Edgar Meyhofer as a Postdoctoral Fellow at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor.
Dr. Wang’s research focuses on exploring quantum transport in molecular-scale materials and devices, and further engineering the role of molecular building blocks in a variety of emerging nanoscale systems, including nanoelectronics devices, nanophotonic devices, energy harvesting elements, bioelectronic devices and chemical/bio-sensors. His research aims to address grand challenges in optoelectronics, computing, energy conversion and nano-sensing via harnessing the unique physical and chemical properties of molecular materials and nanostructures.
Dr. Wang has authored more than 30 peer-reviewed publications, many of which have appeared in high-impact journals, such as Science, Nature Chemistry, Nature Nanotechnology, Nature Communications, JACS, Angew etc. His research has been featured in more than 100 media news, including ScienceDaily, YahooNews, NSF News, EurekAlert!, SinaTech, Phys.org and IEEE Spectrum. Dr. Wang is the recipient of the prestigious MRS Graduate Student Award, Chinese Government Award for Outstanding Student Abroad and Sean M. Kirkpatrick Award for Outstanding Graduate Research.
Selected Publications (Google Scholar):
1. H Reddy*, K Wang* et al. Science 2020 (accepted) (*equal contribution)
2. H Wang*, K Wang*, et al. Nature Chemistry 2020 (under review after revision) (*equal contribution)
3. C Guo*, K Wang* et al. Nature Chemistry 2016, 8, 484-490 (*equal contribution)
4. L Cui, R Miao, K Wang et al., Nature Nanotechnology 2018, 13, 122-127
5. K Wang et al. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2014, 136, 17406-17409
6. K Wang*, A Ismael*, A Vezzoli* et al. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2017, 129, 15580-15584
7. K Wang et al., Adv. Funct. Mater. 2020, 30, 1904534
8. K Wang et al. Chem. Sci. 2019, 10, 2396-2403
9. K Wang et al. Chem. Sci. 2014, 5, 3425-3431
Nanoscale Quantum Transport, Molecular Optoelectronics, Single Molecule Devices, Energy Conversion and Harvesting, Catalysis, Plasmonics, Bioelectronics, Molecular Spintronics, Self-Assembly, Scanning Probe Techniques, Nano-Optics
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should send a CV and cover letter to Kun (email@example.com). Please use “Postdoc Application - Your Name” as your email subject.
Postdoctoral candidates with background in Physical Chemistry/Chemical Physics, Molecular/Organic Electronics, and Electrical Engineering and/or with experience in Scanning Probe Microscopy (STM/AFM), Optics, and Instrumentation will be considered with priority (but not required).
• Conduct supervised and/or unsupervised experimental investigation of transport properties in molecular-scale systems and instrumentation for high-resolution nanoscale transport measurements
• Analyze collected experimental data, collaborate with theoretical teams, and prepare manuscripts for publications
• Contribute to study/experimental design
• Assist in training and mentoring students, drafting experiment protocols and data analysis details, and preparing grant proposals
• Demonstrate good team spirit and communication skills
• Demonstrate scientific curiosity, strong motivation, and good work ethic
1. A cover letter briefly describing your background and research interest
2. CV (including a full publication list)
3. Contact information for three references