February 19, 2018
PROGRAM DESCRIPTION: Students will spend two weeks in a summer immersion camp at Sichuan University in Chengdu, China. This ancient city is China’s “Panda Central” and is home to the Giant Panda Breeding Research Base. From July 8, 2018 to July 21, 2018 students will participate in chemistry research, field trips to important cultural sites, and will mingle with local students. Financial support from both MSU and Sichuan University (the hosting Chinese University) will be available for all accepted applicants. This is an outstanding opportunity for an international research experience and to learn more about Chinese culture.
PROGRAM DATES: July 8, 2018 – July 28, 2018
APPLICATION DEADLINE: All application materials must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 19, 2018.
Application materials include:
1. Application form
2. Recent resume
3. One passport-quality headshot photo (electronic copy)
4. One scanned copy of your passport info page (Note: If you don’t currently have a passport please contact Tonia Lane, email@example.com).
COSTS AND FUNDING:
- Airfare: A subsidy of up to 3000 CNY will be reimbursed by the UIP program and the Department of Chemistry will provide scholarships up to $300 US to help cover any balance of airfare charges. (NOTE: you will need to retain all receipts, itineraries and boarding passes for reimbursement from UIP).
- Accommodations: UIP will provide housing accommodations (Chinese Students’ Dorm or shared twin rooms) free of charge.
- Daily Living Allowance: A living allowance of up to 65 CNY per day will be provided by UIP.
- Other: Field trips, chemistry related activities, and other cultural activities will be provided by the program.
Note: UIP suggests students to bring credit card or a small amount of cash for any possible expenses in the first few days in China, as it takes some time to go through the procedures of reimbursement to receive allowances.
Click here to view more news & events.