The Department of Chemistry’s Co-Op and Internship program allows students to alternate periods of full-time, career-related employment with on campus academic study. Our program provides opportunities for students to gain professional experience in fields related to energy, information technology, materials sciences, and environmental chemistry. A real-world professional experience provides students with opportunities to build their resumes and professional network.
PCA Co-Op Process Lab Tech, Counce, TN
Opportunity for a 3 semester Co-Op or a 1 semester internship
Packaging Corporation of America (PCA), is one of the largest producers of containerboard and corrugated packaging products in the U.S. At PCA, you’ll find the best people in the industry operating in a “golden rule” culture. PCA offers customers broad expertise and economies of scale, while our multiple plant locations let us rapidly meet the local needs of our customers.
- Work on special projects assigned to assist laboratory personnel and operations, learn responsibility, and improve communication.
- Troubleshoot and resolve testing issues.
- Keep records of all testing performed, troubleshooting, and solutions applied.
- Learn and utilize basic laboratory testing skills.
- Provide escort for contractors to areas within the mill, as required.
- Practice a safe work ethic and maintain a clean work environment.
- Work with Process Engineers to improve process reliability.
- Must be a currently enrolled Chemistry or Biology major.
- Must have completed the freshman year.
- Minimum grade point average of 2.5/4.0 is required.
- Must be a permanent U.S. resident.
PCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and all other protected categories.